I truly fear suffering, does anyone else? It is hard to trust sometimes, that paradox of suffering. It is so hard to understand.
And in reading the Word, going to Job, once again, and trusting with a little tiny mustard seed, something that I am afraid of and understand only a little pinprick of...
"Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding, Who set its measurements, since you know? Or who stretched the line on it? On what were its bases sunk? Or who laid its cornerstone,
When the morning stars sang together, And all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Or who enclosed the sea with doors, When bursting forth, it went our from the womb:
When I made a cloud its garment, And thick darkness its swaddling band,
And I placed boundaries on it....
Have you ever in your life commanded the morning, And caused the dawn to know its place; That it might take hold of the ends of the earth..."
And again, God's Word gives the greatest comfort. I mean there is comfort everywhere where He is concerned, but these scriptures at the end of Job always give me grace in my lack of understanding, my questioning, my trusting, my doubts, and my fears. I am just more thankful for everything, and am going to keep praying for Japan. I feel pretty helpless, suffering is everywhere in the world, and some days I can barely get passed the nose on my face in thinking of others. But I do know God is good, He gives life, to me, to my children, to the flowers, to the oceans, and He alone sustains it.
Well these are things I think about a lot, and poor Joseph has to wade me through them many, many times (he is amazing).
So you sweet friends that read this silly blog, take care, may you have a blessed week whatever you're doing!
(ms.georgia took all these pretty little pictures yesterday...they are lovely!)
I'm very much with you, kat. that is why working in fulltime therapy was hard b/c other people's burdens and suffering was overwhelming. how could i make any difference? even in prayer? too much to pray about? i would have to be on my knees 24/7 and still never make a dent in those needs. Needs, needs, needs. Real needs too. Not a need (like our need for a minivan) but needs for love, shelter, protection, health, etc. It is easier some days to just close my heart to it and pretend it is not there. thanks for your post! beautiful flowers! looks like you do have daffodils in your yard after all. :)
ReplyDelete