I've started a simple quilt. It's made in an effort to do a little more sewing just for my family. I almost think that big squares of prettiness are all you need for a quilt! I always like things simple anyway. I cut 12 in. squares of 16 different prints, those are now put together. And it's so simple and pretty. But small, so I am going to piece some bordering around that, and then maybe some more bordering around that. Then piece the back with big daddy pieces (again, simple), then hand quilt. I also want to do a handmade binding, which I've never done. I have read how to many times, but for me reading how and the actual doing hardly ever make for something well done, at least not the first time! I am sure to make 100 mistakes, but doing it with some prettiness, well I don't mind so much.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
pretty-ness
Pretty innocent crush.

I've started a simple quilt. It's made in an effort to do a little more sewing just for my family. I almost think that big squares of prettiness are all you need for a quilt! I always like things simple anyway. I cut 12 in. squares of 16 different prints, those are now put together. And it's so simple and pretty. But small, so I am going to piece some bordering around that, and then maybe some more bordering around that. Then piece the back with big daddy pieces (again, simple), then hand quilt. I also want to do a handmade binding, which I've never done. I have read how to many times, but for me reading how and the actual doing hardly ever make for something well done, at least not the first time! I am sure to make 100 mistakes, but doing it with some prettiness, well I don't mind so much.
I've started a simple quilt. It's made in an effort to do a little more sewing just for my family. I almost think that big squares of prettiness are all you need for a quilt! I always like things simple anyway. I cut 12 in. squares of 16 different prints, those are now put together. And it's so simple and pretty. But small, so I am going to piece some bordering around that, and then maybe some more bordering around that. Then piece the back with big daddy pieces (again, simple), then hand quilt. I also want to do a handmade binding, which I've never done. I have read how to many times, but for me reading how and the actual doing hardly ever make for something well done, at least not the first time! I am sure to make 100 mistakes, but doing it with some prettiness, well I don't mind so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sure it will be beautiful!
ReplyDeleteOn behalf of the family, thank you! :)
ReplyDeleteIt'll be gorgeous, I know! What lovely fabrics, too. Are you using the voile?
ReplyDeletethank yall so much! And no voiles, I ordered the fat quarter set of the quilting weight, back when I ordered a couple of figure 8 kits. It's been sitting on the shelf since then, except for a couple of tiny pieces used in those potholders. Maybe Joseph will let me order some for the quilt back?!
ReplyDelete