Tomorrow we leave for the beach. This is a picture from last year...no oil. Hopefully all will be well where we're going, the latest report is that the area is still fine. I am truely a nutcase, worrying mama when we take our crew down, but I love the beach, it's beautiful. God's goodness right there for all to see and enjoy. Amazing... and the spill is just so sad. But God is sovereign and it is His ocean. And I have great hope where all that's concerned.
I have heard many reports of "extra" sharks in the area. Now I read the book Shark Attack when I was young and have never been the same since, especially after having children. That's where the nutcase part comes in, I am always counting heads and scanning for... you guessed it, sharks! So this year, there will be no getting in the water at all, AT ALL. Just some little pink toenails and such will be allowed! Oh, and just toenails where my boys are concerned. We are also stopping by Target on the way down and I'm pumped to do a little Target shopping. When you don't have one nearby...well enough said. So, Lord willing, we'll have a fun, safe trip to the beach this year. And thanks to my mom and dad for getting the beach house for all their kids and grandkids (or we would just be hanging out here all week!).
Have fun!
ReplyDelete