This little pattern is from the great little stitchette patterns made by Hillary Lang at weewonderfuls.typepad.com . You can order the seasonal stitchettes for about $15, and you get them via PDF. Each season has 4 embroidery patterns, so that is 12 patterns! She suggests doing a split stitch. That is my favorite stitch. If you don't know how, you can easily find out with a search.
You can do so many things with just the knowledge of a split stitch. Just trace a simple drawing onto some light colored fabric, or gingham, just whatever, with a pencil. You just get your pencil real sharp, tape down your drawing (or a name), tape your fabric over that, then lightly trace. I go over my drawing with a black marker to make it easier to see through the fabric. You could also tape it all to a window with the sun shining through, then trace it. Anyway, you just need a little hoop, needle, and thread and your off. Oh, and scissors!
I JUST realized how much I use the word "just"--blogging is an eye opener to my bad grammar, terrible spelling (I had to do a spell check for scissors!), and lack of interesting descriptive words, you know, adjectives! I only just discovered what an adverb really is when I taught it to my children a couple of years ago. How did I miss that?! Who am I?!
I love your blog! It makes me miss you more though! :( I'm so glad to have another way to keep up with you guys. It looks beautiful, too, by the way. Maybe you'll inspire me to give my own a kick-start. Love you guys!
ReplyDeletehey dawn, your sweet words mean so much! thank you!
ReplyDeleteThat pillow is super cute! And it fits Emma perfectly. Are those the same birds from that dress Georgia has worn to church before? Is that the same pattern? I love it. You're work is so purdy!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! The pillow, all of your other projects, and of course the children! Thanks for telling me about your blog so I can keep up with you guys. The kids are getting so big!
ReplyDelete