Friday, February 5, 2010

baby's been sick :(

Whew, I have been to the doctor's office 3 times this week! I think February should be national "sick kids" month! Over the years, I think that this month rates highest in colds, viruses, fevers, doctor offices, and too much tv! But at the same time, sickness always makes you all the more thankful for wellness.

Ok, I have wanted to put this picture up...it is so great. It's my sweet, sweet friend Ginger, and me. She and I were both pregnant. It was last summer, she was due about 6 weeks before me. She was nearby and, as usual, took time out for me! I rarely get to see her, so this was too good. Anyway, she arrives and we both have on the same maternity shirt! But that's not even the weirdest part...earlier that day I had had the thought--"wouldn't it be so funny if Ginger arrives and we both have on the same maternity shirt"--no kidding, I really thought that, and it really happened!!! Crazy stuff, but anyway, Ginger has been my dear friend for oh so many years and I just love her!



I have been doing some crocheting lately. A couple of years ago I saw some sweet granny square blanket on some blog out there and decided right then to learn how to make one. It took some effort. The first book was from walmart, teach yourself how to crochet. It got me started, but I was still way confused. Long story short, I finally bought the Klutz crochet book, and that's how I learned to, well, make a granny square. They are so fun! The only hang up is you have to make like a million of them for a blanket! I've been doing them here and there with some pink, green, and sort of brick red yarn since then. I have about 25-30 of those made. But recently I got inspired again over at rosylittlethings.typepad.com where I don't even possess an ounce of the creativity or ability that she has! Anyway, I bought a bunch of different colored yarn and started making. This time it's more fun because I can make a different one every time. Pink in the middle, then yellow, then light gray (or whatever color that is). And while she was posting about her blanket, I saw that she sewed her squares together as she went. So that's been a good thing too. So now I have a basket (which I just LOVE having a basket full of yarn, it's so warm and cozy) sitting near the couch and just work on it whenever. It is so fun for me...it's just there for whenever I feel like makin' a square!



I also crocheted recently from a pattern. This is a big deal, cause reading the patterns totally baffles me. I think it's SO hard and don't understand why they can't just be written out in full detail. They are written in abbreviations. Well I again was on that same blog and she had made this beautiful scarf and linked to the pattern. So I checked it out and thought, maybe....well I did it, and was so excited!!! It's called the Claudia scarf and I made one for Georgia. It was just some cheap yarn, but it turned out great and really easy.



One last thing, there is some great boy crafting going on at madebyrae.blogspot.com, which is where I found a link to this, and to the great blog of the crafty one who designed it. It's Molly Monkey and she is oh so cute. I have to make one! Well, I will try to make one!

No comments:

Post a Comment