Thursday, December 2, 2010

I've been singing, again...

By the sea of crystal, saints in glory stand,
myriads in number, drawn from every land.
Robed in white apparel, washed in Jesus' blood,
they now reign in heaven with the Lamb of God.

Out of tribulation, death and satan's hand,
they have been translated at the Lord's command.
In their hand they're holding palms of victory;
hark! the jub'lant chorus shouts triumphantly:

"Unto God Almighty, sitting on the throne, and the Lamb, victorious, be the praise alone.
God has wrought salvation, he did wondrous things. Who shall not extol you, holy
King of kings!"

Beautiful music brought to you by your Trinity Hymnal. We had just one, but for years and years I wanted to order some so we could sing from them as a family at home. I finally did this past fall. That original one is all beaten up, and is full of pen marks where Joseph has come up with new tunes to go with some of the hymns. He plays the guitar, and has made some sweet songs even sweeter. This is one of those. I don't know if I've ever sang this in church, but here, well it's one of my favorites. And I love the last stanza. It's just perfect for Christmas, and so that is what I've been singing today.

and here are some random pictures of our rascally family, and I do mean rascally...don't even picture us sitting around every night singing sweetly from our fresh and new Trinity Hymnals. When we do have some Bible time at night (which I wish we did faithfully every night), half of us don't sing, we still have to remind the kids constantly to be still and listen (I have big kids, this shouldn't be the case with them!), and most the time at least one person gets in some sort of trouble!



No comments:

Post a Comment