Wednesday, April 14, 2010

sharing




Just sharing the love.




And here's some recent sewing activity....

This isn't a great picture, but I made this pillow recently and wanted to share
(aka known as totally bragging, and showing off, but I'm not that vain--really). First of all, the fabric is some of Anna Maria's voile. And as everyone else in bloggidy land says, it's just too wonderful. It is so silky soft, and her designs are so so beautiful. I love the colors, I can't say enough. I am a huge fan on Anna Maria, in fact I am always commenting on her blog, and everytime I do, I think..."that was the lamest comment...I wonder if everyone can tell that I want to be her best friend ever...again, I just said the stupidest thing"...and so on...
But anyway, back to this post. I ordered a scrap bag from Anna Maria's Shop and these little pieces of voile were in there. It was so much fun getting a bag of scraps right from her own studio. I loved that. I based the pillow on this and it was the most fun thing to make. And I have to give a shout out to self healing mats and rotary cutters everywhere. I finally purchased the two things just this year, and it has been the best thing! OH and I can't forget the see through ruler, which you can't use the other two without. So I started it like SouleMama's pillow, with a square piece, then just added pieces all the way around. Measuring and cutting as I went. Now this is nothing new at all, but it is to me and I loved it!!

1 comment:

  1. That is a beautiful pillow. I, too, adore Anna Maria's fabrics. I've always wanted to order some but couldn't decide between them all.

    I just love the pictures of your children, too. And that baby -- my goodness, the cheeks. Absolutely precious!

    annie :)

    ReplyDelete